Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Take the bitter with the sweet


Take the bitter with the sweet, originally uploaded by ujima.

Picked this shirt to wear today. On the bus to the podiatrist, two older (70s/80) white women boarded,looked at me and shuddered and rode to their stop staring at the floor never looking up.
A 50ish white man man got on the bus and asked the driver, "When are y'all going to have the parade?". The bus driver ignored him. After he sat down, he asked me. I asked him who "Y'all" was. He had no answer, got up and moved to the back of the bus.
On the way to the mall, I stood on a corner in the nearby suburbs waiting for the bus. People honked their horns, raised thumbs, rolled down their winds and cheered "woo hoo" and such.
People at the mall wearing Barack pins high fived me and gave cheers and smiles.

(When *are* y'all having the parade?)

No comments: