Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tut Steps


Tut Steps, originally uploaded by ujima.

When I arrived at the Franklin Institute Museum for the Educators' Night Out program, there
were *hundreds* of people in line four abreast down the steps, down the block, around
the corner and down the street. So I looked for a kind-looking security guard, one who
looked like he was raised by his grandmother, and asked him if I could go into the
handicapped entrance as I had to use the rest room. I had taken my hat off beforehand
so he could see my white hair.

After entering through the entrance and checking my coat, i walked to where they were
registering people and saw hundreds waiting inside too. So I sidled up to the desk,
complimented the young lady on her earrings, gave her my name and was handed
my card, ticket for free dinner and one for the Tut exhibit.

It was even more magnificent than I had remembered! I stayed and enjoyed it until my
back said it was time to go home. Never found my friends. The crowd was just too large
and there was no signal on my cell. I'll go back on Monday at noon with the tickets I
ordered two months ago and will enjoy the splendor with my BIL.

No comments: