Thursday, June 28, 2007

Today's smiles


Today's smiles, originally uploaded by ujima.

Tuesday
HHH. HF 97º. PHEW! Walking to catch the bus to the foot doctor
when I noticed the mail truck approaching. So I stepped into the
road and waved my envelopes. The truck passed me, then stopped
and reversed. The driver said he didn't know whether I was waving
at him to take or my mail or was fanning myself because of the heat.

Looked out of the bus window and saw Irene stretched out in her yard
on a green plastic chair sunning herself and smiling.

Feet in the whirlpool, then doctor cut my tonails and gave
me a foot massage. Walking on sunshine.

While struggling home uphill in this heat carrying two bags, I
noticed that someone had put a pinwheel sidewalkside. It would,
of course, rotate when the slight heated breeze blew. Thanks
for the smile.

No comments: