Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Go fly a kite


Go fly a kite, originally uploaded by ujima.

Well, the Lone Ranger and Tonto
They are ridin' down the line
Fixin' ev'rybody's troubles
Ev'rybody's 'cept mine
Somebody musta tol' 'em
That I was doin' fine

Feelin' great today. Good workout yesterday. Slept well.

Well, the wind keeps a-blowin' me
Up and down the street
With my hat in my hand
And my boots on my feet
Watch out so you don't step on me

Walked up to Schuylkill Valley Nature Center. Blown around
by winds gusting over 40 mph. Go carry a kite.

Home by 3pm. Wanted to watch tape and view today's Oprah.
Ordinarily never watch her show but they were talking about
Hip Hop's denigration of Black women. India Irie and the young
women from Spellman College were excellent. Russell Simmons
was blowing a lot of smoke. Sure he's doing some good things,
but he didn't address rappers (poets he called them) messages.
It was a start to talking about an *enormous* problem.

Lyrics above by Bob Dylan, a poet

No comments: