Thursday, July 06, 2006

Farm Aid '06


Farm Aid '06
Originally uploaded by ujima.

Up early (yuk) and in Reading Terminal Market downtown
by 11 ayem. (Me who never gets up before noon.) But I
had volunteered to help with the Farm Aid '06
announcement news conference today. Just giving out
fliers. I got up early to see Neil Young, who was
going to announce the concert which will be held
across the river in Camden, NJ at the Tweeter Center.
No, I didn't get a good picture of him. I meant to
read my camera guide on the bus to town to find out
how to use the close-up lens, but left the book lying
on the table at home.

After the announcement I did get a picture of our
mayor, John F. Street and Mayor Gwendolyn Faison of
Camden, NJ both of whom grew up on farms. (Mayor
Faison is 83 years old.) Ukee Washington from the
local CBS channel is interviewing him. I taught with
his mother.

Tonight we're going to the Tweeter to see CSNY.
Ahhhhhh!

No comments: