Friday, July 14, 2006

Thursday


Thursday
Originally uploaded by ujima.

Very HHH so the weatherperson advised caution for
children and older people. Who listens to them? My
students, I guess. Only had two for computer lessons.
They enjoyed the more personal than usual attention.
Waiting for the 27 bus and beginning to feel sick from
the heat and humidity. Where's the bus?
Waiting...Finally!
Feeling very sick by the time I got to Exhale so I
forced water and Debs went across the street and got
me some Gatoraid to drink. Soon felt well enough to
get my hair done. We were all entertained by a bright
10 year old who had come in with her grandma to get
her hair done too.
Riding home on the 35. Sitting in the rear because the
view is better and because I don't have to.

Rosa Parks,
Queen Mother
Of the Revolution:
Sometimes you have to
Sit down
To stand up
For yourself

Talking and walking
Quietly
But making
A noise
Heard around the world

No comments: