Saturday, September 02, 2006

Pluviosity--too much rain. Yeah, Ernesto. I learned that word while watching "Akeelah and the Bee". Too bad that's movie's fiction.

Slicing and dicing and singing Ladysmith Black Mombazo's "Beautiful Rain". Veggie salad with a little cheese for Mom and hoagie salad for me. Singing "Ain't Gonna Rain No More". Then "Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain","It's Raining Men", "Listen to the Rhythm of the Falling Rain", "Rainy Day Women #s12&35", "Have You Ever Seen the Rain", "Don't Let the Rain Come Down", and finally "Who'll Stop the Rain".

A neighbor called from the shopping center wondering if we needed anything. They picked up Mom's meds. I was waiting for the rain to stop so I could go to get it. So glad I didn't have to go. Bless neighbors who check on old people.

Then I sat back, read the newspapers and finished my drawing.

Rain, rain go away. We've got to play on Labor Day

No comments: