Sunday, August 13, 2006

Brain Dead


Brain Dead
Originally uploaded by ujima.

Out to club Friday night. Danny's band was playing and
there was the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk fundraiser. The
band, formerly Brain Dead, is now called Out to Lunch;
but they will always be Brain Dead to me. They play
Classic Rock loudly and well.
Got up and out Saturday morning. Mare, being a good
friend, drove me to Flourtown Farmers' Market so I
could get fresh chicken and fish. We stopped at Spoons
on the way home for cappuccino and howled with
laughter at things that people had done on Friday
night under the spell of Captain and Coke.
My back did well last night and today so I rested and
read and watched TV in the evening.
About midnight, the smoke alarm started beeping
intermittently. We called the service and a guy came
out within 15 minutes and replaced the old one. Great
service!
My sister's home from Massachusetts, rested and ready
for the oncologist. How are we going to tell Mom that
she has cancer?

No comments: