Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wednesday Walk


Wednesday Walk, originally uploaded by ujima.

Trying to build strength, stamina. So today I was walking,
walking, walking around the nabe and the shopping center.
Met a young woman, a new neighbor, who told me she was from Africa.
I told her she must say the *name* of her country, Nigeria, when
people ask where's she's from. She says people don't know where
that is. So I told her to say she's from Nigeria in Western Africa.
Someone has to educate people about world geography.
Walking, walking, walking. Trying to remember to be straight,
not bent over which feels better but is a bad habit. Meet
former computer students and ask about their progress.
Resist the temptation to say how I'm really doing. Just say,
"Fine,thanks" when asked.
Walking, walking walking. Frank sees me and picks me up
for the last 300 yards home. YAY! We talk about Anime. I'll
relax by watching tennis. Hope Serena or James are on.

No comments: