Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Eric Gregg 1951-2006
A charming, fun-loving Philadelphian. After he lost his position as umpire with Major League Baseball because his colleagues quit and ran during a strike leaving Eric and others hanging, he went to work at Chickie's & Pete. People would come to any of the restaurants to see him and get their picture taken with him.

I had gotten two free Phillies tickets for volunteering at The X Games when they were held here. As the game was extremely boring, my sister and I decided to go down to Chickie's & Pete as they had a place in Citizens Bank Park. Of course Eric was there as bartender and host. When we walked up, he posted as he knew we wanted his picture. But we said, "Mister, can you take our picture?". He *roared* with laughter!

Every time I saw him after that, he'd remember and say. "Want my picture yet?"

No comments: