Monday, June 19, 2006

The Ujima Principle


The Ujima Principle
Originally uploaded by ujima.

It pleases me to see ujima (collective work and
responsibility) being practiced every day. Our relay
team was so strong at pitching in and setting up
everything for our recent fundraiser. Those who had
finished their assigned task, automatically turned to
help another with his/her task.

Got up at 8:45 ayem today. Confusing for me because I
usually rise about noon. But it was going to be 90ยบ
with high humidity so I wanted to get out and back
before it was too hot to walk, carry packages. At Best
Nails, the manager was late ariving to open up. Thr
nail technichians and myself were sitting on the
sidewalk trying to converse in English with each other
and with the young Mexican men who were doing
landscaping around the shop.

When the manager finally came, everyone hurried into
the shop and worked so beautifully setting up, helping
each other to get ready. Ujima.

No comments: