Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Welcome to Moe's!


Welcome to Moe's!, originally uploaded by ujima.

"WELCOME TO MOE'S!" all the employees would shout each
time a customer entered the restaurant. It was
especially annoying when you were sitting there eating
your lunch or dinner to hear this repeated time and
again.

I would go in there and they'd shout "Welcome to
Moe's!". Then I'd go into the Ladies' and use the
facilities. When I came out and started toward the
front door, they'd all boo in unison. But whenever
they saw me enter, they'd shout their welcome anyway.

Now the restaurant is shuttered after having been open
less than two years. The food was good and the prices
right, but they didn't have a liquor license. What
good is imitation Mexican food without a beer or a
Marguerita? Apparently not good enough for the people
who frequent our shopping center.

I'll have to start using the facilities at Applebee's.
I hear it's very clean in there!

No comments: