Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Consuella the Queen


Consuella the Queen, originally uploaded by ujima.

On February 7:
Feb. 7, 1926 - Negro History Week
originated by Carter G. Woodson is
observed for the first time.

February 7,1936: my oldest sister,
Consuella was born. She worked very
diligently while raising two children,
getting her B.A. degree at night, and
workingas an EEO officer for our
government.

She was called The Queen because she
was always fancy, drove a Cadillac
brougham, and carried herself so
magestically.

Unfortunately, she was a heavy smoker
and died ten years ago. We miss you,
Queen.

Going out to the clubhouse for the finals
of The Biggest Loser. Although I've lost
pounds and inches, I know I'm not in the
top ten; but the contest did help me to
stay focused.

No comments: