Monday, February 12, 2007

Out and about


Out and about, originally uploaded by ujima.

On February 12:
1793 - First fugitive slave law enacted by Congress. The measure made it a criminal
offense to harbor a fugitive slave or prevent his arrest.
1865 - Henry Highland Garnet, first black to speak in the Capitol, delivered memorial
sermon on the abolition of slavery at services in the House of Representatives.
1909 - The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
was founded. The call for the organizational meeting was issued on 100th anniversary
of Abraham Lincoln's birth by 47 whites and six blacks.

Up early and out by 10
and on the bus to town. Carrying book, walkman,
crosswords,towel for later and too many other
things in my Million Woman bag. Had to go to
Blue Cross because of a problem with my
account that I wasn't able to
solve by phone. Talking to someone in
person and the problem was solved
immediately.
Back home @ McD's eating fruit&nut
salad. First day with new trainer in 90
minutes so I skipped the $1 burger. Had
a very thorough workout with Heather,
she-who-knows-no-mercy. This is going
to be a good move for me.
Big sales @ Kohl's so I stopped there and
got some shirts for myself and one for Sis.
At home eating cake in celebration of
Abe's birthday ;)

No comments: