Sunday, February 11, 2007

Coyle's Café


Coyle's Café, originally uploaded by ujima.

On February 11:
1961 - Robert Weaver sworn in as administrator of the Housing and Home Finance Agency, highest federal post to date by a black American.
1976 - Clifford Alexander Jr. confirmed as the first black secretary of the United States Army.

Afternoon meeting brainstorming fund raising ideas for the
Relay for Life which our team will again participate in during
a weekend in June. Having a pinata was my favorite idea
for a field activity.

I have set up my web page and will begin to send out emails
asking people to sponsor my effort in the Survivor Walk. Gotta
make one for Sis now. She'll be in the walk too :(

1 comment:

Michael Salone said...

Thanks for the news Ujima. Will try to check it out. I let Lisi over at HKDP know (pest I am)... :-)